With exams knocking at the door, nothing can make students more anxious than an unexpected class test. The best exam tips for senior school students can help students tremendously during examinations. After receiving an excellent grade high schools students then move forward to pursue a college degree on the subject of their choice. But to do so and get admission to the best school in Gurgaon, it is necessary to score well on boards. Understanding the necessity of studying, the best school in Gurgaon try to shape the students’ future right from the bud. Students are not only given adequate guidance but these schools also offer some of the wonderful exam tips for senior school students that will enable them to score well in the exams.
- Creating a study guide Before thinking about scoring good marks in examination, it is important to plan the first step i.e. creating a study time table. So before planning to start studying a plan must be set and the major part of it must focus on challenges faced. While studying for an exam students must base their goal based on their previous performance on various subjects. But if a student is studying for a standardized test, then practicing or taking a diagnostic test can prove effective. Students must set their goals so they can easily set their routine based on the ways to achieve it. Every student has a certain weakness, for example, a student can have poor knowledge in mathematics or English. So he/she can majorly focus on these subjects but with the inclusion of their most like subjects in the routine. Besides, it is also necessary to have a designated time of the day dedicated to studying, because students often remain tired after attending school and coaching classes.
- A suitable study ambiance as noises can create a distraction, selecting a study spot is often a crucial part of a study session and one of the top exam tips for senior school students. So it is necessary to create an ideal study environment having a quiet ambiance. Also, the spot must have sufficient bright light which is perfect for studying as dim lights can often cause sleepiness. The room temperature also matters because a sweaty hot climate can be suffocating, while chilling cold can disrupt the minds of the students. Some students also get anxious by watching the clock so it is best to remove it so that students can study with ease.
- Going for handwritten notes Age-old advice tells that reading and writing simultaneously can enhance memory skills. There has been a strong connection between writing down notes and then memorizing it. So, if a student is stuck at memorizing a formula or a chemical composition, they can write it down for a couple of times and miraculously it will get stored in the memory. Several top schools in Gurgaon thus practice this methodology from an early stage so that students become pro in taking down notes in the classroom and can quickly memorize it. Studies reveal that students who write down handwritten notes often score well than those who type notes during a lecture. It is seen that by writing down notes, the cognitive process enables the brain to slow down and interpret what is written so that it can recollect it when needed.
- Share the knowledge by teaching others Just like writing down notes helps in sharpening memory power, similarly impacting that knowledge to someone else also plays a pivotal role. This has been a great exam tip for senior school students. Students often tend to under a subject better when it is taught most simplistically by the teacher. Similarly while studying particular subject students can also try to connect the theories with their day-to-day lifestyle which will enable them to have a deeper understanding of the subject. Furthermore, when a person tries to teach a certain subject, they tend to bring forth the important points and organize them in a coherent structure. With this effective form of learning, students can score well in exams as it enhances their logical and critical thinking. To make it more effective students can prepare a short presentation of the subject and deliver it to their classmates, teachers, or parents in a way that it becomes easier for them to understand the concept.
- Incorporate technology In a world full of technology, only resorting to textbooks might not prove effective in an examination. So students should look for various study tools and learning techniques because the same learning method might not apply to all subjects. So it is the best use of multiple learning methods so that students can easily cover their bases. This includes participating in group studies, verbal discussion, thorough reading, or writing down important points. Besides, students can also look for information on the internet, search for relevant study apps, video tutorials, or can take the help of musical study tools for memorization.
- Create motivation The most important aspect to pass an exam is to remain focused and motivated, especially if the subject is not interesting. So to remain motivated students can offer small rewards to themselves during their study session. Bribing can be a snack break after completing one full chapter or get to check the social media feeds for fifteen minutes after memorizing the formulas. But there must a set limit for the rewards. Often a 10 minutes break can extend up to an hour with a blink of the eye. So students must detach themselves from worldly luxuries during the examination phase and take shorts breaks to clear their minds and focus on studying.
Although there is no single type of study approach, as every student is unique, yet the Alpine Convent School which is the best school in Gurgaon aims to shape its student’s future by offering them adequate examination guidance. Raked amongst the top 10 school in Gurgaon, the school envisions to nurture the students and bring out the best in them to make them responsible citizens of the future. It offers a tranquil, safe, intellectually challenging and stimulating environment for studying.