What are the advantages of Project-Based Learning for a student's academic development?
The old-school pattern of delivering education through the medium of textbooks has become traditional. Now, with the 21st-century education patterns, Project-based learning is proving highly effective in terms of grooming students smarter. But, what exactly is Project-based learning? Here, the students are offered several practical assignments wherein, they solve real-world problems and work together in collaboration with teachers and other classmates. This trend is being actively implied by the best schools in Gurgaon. Likewise, the kids are being exposed to the broader aspect of education and competitive global scenario. Below demonstrated are key pointers exemplifying how Project-based learning is beneficial for student’s academic growth, let’s take a look:
- Enhanced Critical Thinking: Engaging students in project-based learning enable their brain to progress faster. It initiates critical thinking and that they learn the art of analyzing the scenarios from an early stage. Similarly, their ability to memorize the concepts showcases an upsurge followed by getting smarter. That’s one of the prime benefits associated with project-based learning. The students tend to go deeper into the concepts and question themselves inclusive of why’s, how’s, and what’s. Such a practical approach to learning is doing wonders for the kids and exposing them to their hidden creativity
- Long-term Learning: One of the most valuable facets surrounding project-based learning is that it teaches a lesson for life. Often, students tend to forget the basics and methodologies taught through textbooks. However, when implying the concepts into the practical world, the kids remember those for their life. Project-based learning is a long-term commitment that stays with the kids throughout life. Also, the concepts practiced during the younger stages can be well implied in the future. It makes students learners and practitioners. The students, with project-based learning, smartly possess a stronghold on their opinions and wisdom
- Promotes Team Work: Not every kid gets comfortable with the concept of teamwork. Initially, they need to be taught about how to perfectly gel with classmates and work together to achieve a single goal. With project-based learning, the students are exposed to opportunities to work in groups. Every student has something unique to offer of their ability, which in turn, opens the door to a new lesson. Project-based learning not only initiates effective teamwork but also, enhances communication skills. The student is induced with utmost confidence. And so, it is being welcomed in the modern-day education system
- Improved Focus: With project-based learning, the students tend to focus on their studies and become independent. Considering the traditional method of education, the students were highly dependent upon their teachers for every tiny aspect. But, with assessments and projects, a student-centric approach is being implemented. The child, now, understands its role in the project and implements its strengths to achieve the desired results. Such an exceptional approach is resulting in improved focus and motivation for work. The CBSE schools in Gurgaon are inducing project-based learning for their students and experiencing outstanding results in the academic performances
- Reduced Boredom: There’s no doubt in the fact that at times, students get bored of the routine classwork and repetitive sessions. Then, finally comes the time, wherein, loss of interest is noticed by the educators. However, with project-based learning, students are kept engaged in different activities, and that this new approach of conceptual learning is enjoyed by students. The kids, then, give their best performances. On a lighter note – You’ll experience excellent attendance records too
Modern-day education is advancing rapidly and new trends are being introduced regularly. The schools are now working hard to implement and work in accordance with the latest trends. After all, who would like to miss out on any of those? Project-based learning has resulted in exceptional improvement in academic performances for schools. The transformation is being induced effectively and that the educators working their best to deliver the subjects.
Alpine Convent School is one such example of delivering modernized education with premium standards. The school is crafted with the finest curriculum involving both traditional as well as the modern pattern of education. With one of the best educators hired from across the country, Alpine Convent School has marked its place amongst the top 10 schools in Gurgaon 2020. According to Mr. R.K. Sharma, hon. Chairperson, a strong focus is laid on a child’s academic and skills development. They are implementing project-based learning and ensuring the kids are being exposed to the global environment. Also, the students are made to interact with the industry personals. Alpine Convent School is one of the best choices available in Gurgaon.